Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"I didn't have to use my AK, today was a good day"

Before I get into my good day, man, what a Yankees game tonight against the Rangers. For all the Posada bashing I do, having him get his bell rung by Texiera on that collision at home plate I think woke him up. You can see him sitting there at home plate, birds flying around his head, which way did he go, which way did he go. I think that might have woke him up and made him a better player. Case in point, his walk off homerun to win the game 14-13. For those who didn't see it, you missed a good one, with the Yankees coming back from being down 9-0. Although boo to Torre for putting Rivera in in the 9th, especially with Fahhhnsworth throwing nasty stuff in the 8th. Never understood that. Guy has nasty stuff, throws 9 pitches in an inning and you take him out the next inning. Typically Torre overmanaging the game.

Ok, so enough about sports, how bout this for a day. I had four beers today, and only paid for two of them. No I didn't become a girl with a huge rack overnight. At lunch the waitress never charged me for my beer. Ok no biggie. But then Bridget and I walked home from work and decided to get something to eat. We stopped at Mad River Bar & Grill on the UES which I hadn't been to in a while. It was empty on Tuesday night, just like most bars are (side note, Tuesday night is probably the BEST night to go out. I love Tuesday's. Most bars are empty and have ridiculous drink specials.)

Tonight was no exception as Mad River had a 2 for 1 special. Two burgers for the price of 1. Two beers for the price of one. Jackpot. So I proceeded to have three beers and a burger as did Bridget. So that's 6 beers and two burgers (good burgers by the way) and good onion rings and waffle fries. For a total of....$25!! Not bad. And who said you can't get great deals in the city :)

As Dre said..."today was a good day".

Until next time America....stay classy San Diego...and be kind to each other out there.

No comments: