Friday, December 22, 2006

Everyone is LOUD!!!

Not that this is earth-shattering news, but have you noticed that people are increasingly louder these days? They talk louder, walk louder, and just are louder in general. I blame this on the IPod/MP3 revolution. Now before you go and rake my ass over the coals hear me out.

Back in the days some people had walkmen. And you could tell who listened to their walkman constantly based on their lack of hearing ability. Normally those people said "What?" a lot, simply because their ear drums were damaged from constantly listening to music in their earphones. The other "hearing impared" were ones that drove cars that were suped up with bass and sound systems. They couldn't hear much either. But as a whole, people were able to whisper and carry on conversations at a decent noise level.

Now-a-days, almost everyone has an ipod or other mp3 player. And these people just don't realize that when they talk, they are trying to talk above the music in their ears. They in turn make other people talk louder and so on. Now that millions of people are talking louder it's made life miserable for those with "hawk-like" ears like myself (makes up for my lack of vision :) These are the same people that have become so deaf that their TV's now blast full volume just so they can hear.

Don't believe me that this generation is deaf? Walk into any store, especially Abercrombie or the Gap. The music is vibrating the floors it's so loud. While I'm all for techno when i'm pimpin at a club, i don't need that shit when i'm trying to concentrate on which overpriced sweater to buy as a xmas present.

So one request this holiday season, turn down the fuckin music in your headphones. I don't need to hear it standing 100 feet away from you nor do i want to hear you screaming to your friends just to be heard. When you drop something on the floor (upstairs neighbors!) it's LOUD!! Even if you can't hear it because your ear drums have been deflated. That and while I love Austin Powers, there's no reason for me to listen to the movie playing on your tv while sitting in my living room. Ok? Good.

Now that that has been established, I can't wait to get my new ipod Shuffle for christmas, with new super bass earphones that blast at 100 decibels. Sweet...let the music blast away.

Happy Holidays (Hanukkah, Christmas, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, etc) everyone!!!

No comments: