Friday, June 23, 2006

Who does this sort of stuff???

Ok, I know I said I'd never use this as a form to bash any of my friends...but in this case I'm using it to bash a former friend. It's a long story, but for those who know it you'll know who I'm talking about. For those who don't know, here's the quick synopsis.

One of my best friends growing up got married a few years back to this witch of a girl. And I mean witch in both attitude and looks wise. Now you know I'm not one to bash people, but trust me on this one. She's not a pretty site. Anyway I basically saved their wedding, literally, since the whole wedding party was ready to walk out by how much of a bitch she was the days leading up to their wedding. And there was plenty of other things that went terribly wrong that weekend, but anyway I haven't spoken to him much in the past 5 years, mainly because I hate her and everytime I called down there, she would interrupt him on the phone. Basically he lost all of his friends and his whole life is her. And none of her friends even like her so basically she has this little world with herself, her husband and their 2 year old son.

Further evidence that she's a complete psycho bitch, she just sent out a mass email this morning with the subject line: "June 2006 Newsletter". I mean really, who the fuck emails their "friends" with an email subject that says June 2006 Newsletter??? I expect that from work or from my gamers anonymous club but really, come on. So now you know the kind of person she is and why I hate her.

Anyway, so without further adieu, take a look at the typical "I have my family completely whipped around me and there's nothing anyone can do about it" letter I just received this morning:

>>>Sorry for the mass emailing, but I figured with the little amount of time I had to write an email this would be the best way to share with everyone what is happening here.

First I must share, SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!! Before Harrison and the needs of the House, this meant lying by the pool, teaching the morning summer school, reading book after book after book, as well as figuring out ways to annoy my husband during the day while he still had to work :). Now, of course, it is just as busy as going to work. There is just so much to do in this house. For those of you who don't know yet, we are finally finishing the room above the garage (to be used a playroom but if we ever decide to move it can be a fourth bedroom which is a big sell factor in VA.) While we have taken out a loan, we decided to have the general contractor do some other things around the house as well, such as put in new carpeting (since it is the org. carpet from 13 years ago) as well as put laminate hardwood floor in the dining room and kitchen, and tile in the bathrooms (instead of that god awful linoleum). Since all the flooring in the house is being replaced, it has lead us to painting rooms (FINALLY). We have been living in the same house for four years now and the only room that had ever been painted was Harrison's room before he was born. So we have been surrounded by white and it is time to change that. In fact, Rob is downstairs right now cleaning out the "mudroom" so I can wash the walls and tape it up tomorrow during Harrison's nap in order to paint it tomorrow night and Saturday night. It will be buttercup yellow, which is also in the kitchen thanks to painting last Saturday. For that job my sister came down to watch Harrison so we could do it in a day, spending the nights before prepping for the job. It would have been much easier to do this pre-Harrison days, but then I guess we didn't really know what we wanted back then, plus it is much easier to do knowing the floor is being replaced.

So with construction and painting going on, the rest of my free time is spent entertaining Harrison as well as keeping him out of the contractor's way. (Fortunately he thinks Harrison is just the cutest and takes the time to say hello to him everytime he has to come through the living room.) I was hoping to update his scrapbook/baby book, but I guess that will have to wait until the house is back in order again (which would also translate to the start of the school year) :(

We are rushing to get the mudroom painted this weekend for two reasons, we are using the same paint as the kitchen so we don't want the paint to just sit around and I leave town on Sunday night which would mean waiting another week to paint which didn't seem like a good idea. I am going to James Madison University to partake in a free class on teaching problem solving (free to me because the state gave me a scholarship to go) Luckily three people from my school are going as well so we should be able to have some fun as well. :) I will miss being with Harrison and Rob though. It is the first time I will be leaving them for more than a weekend.

Rob is doing well. Summer months keep him busy at work. He does love the fact that during the summer I get to pretend to be a housewife and he rarely has to worry about getting dinner on the table when he gets home. Between my graduate school classes and work, we usually took turns getting dinner ready. Sadly, that's the only exciting thing going in his life. :( He gets very excited by the progress happening in the unfinished room. It is amazing what two men can accomplish in one day (though I do feel sorry for them doing in it 97 degree weather.)

Harrison is doing great. We are working hard on potty training, being that he is almost two and 1/2. On Friday he actually went in the potty, but he usually just sits on it. The trick lately is getting him to sit on it since there is so much other stuff going on around him. My goal every day is to wear him out, making bed time a lot easier. Today is definitely worked. I invited the two kids next door that are close to his age over to play in his wading pool and with his sand/water table. My back porch is completely covered in sand (which Harrison later said "sorry mommy" for) but it was completely worth it. He actually asked to go to bed tonight. Tomorrow we have a play date with a friend from daycare, so hopefully it will be successful for nap time as well (considering I really need the time to prep the mudroom for tomorrow night). Harrison is also talking up a storm, a mixture of his words and our words. It was amazing how shy the three kids got today even though they know each other. No one was really talking (except the adults) but they all played so diligently together. I wonder if kids can communicate through ESP?

Harrison has gotten so big. Attached is his school picture from May. Hope you like it.

Talk to you all soon.>>>

Are you kidding me??? Why don't you just tell me how many times this past month you took a shit too? Really. And you can tell that she has her husband's balls completely removed from his body, right? Is that blatently obvious to anyone else but me??? I love the line "Sadly, that's the only exciting thing going in his life." Maybe if you weren't such a fuckin control freak and had to control his entire life he'd have a little more excitement in it. And who refers to a color as Buttercup Yellow??? WTF?? Gosh...you're such an idiot.

Anyway that ends my rant for this morning. It's gonna be a stormy Friday so I figured I'd just contribute my volatility to the air. :)

No comments: