Thursday, June 14, 2007

Still ringing...

So its 1:45pm and my ears are still ringing. Somebody make it stop!!!

This wasn't the first time my ears were left ringing (in a bad way) after a Yankee game. As you'll remember back on April 30th, when I spoke about those "children" (i.e. heathens) who got into a screaming match above and below me

So far today I've thought someone called my name, twice (neither time it was for me), I've heard the phone ring a few times (wasn't ringing) and I think I even heard someone whisper "Rosebud" (I haven't seen Citizen Kane in over a decade). So needless to say my ears are still way out of tune.

The only salvation I've had today was a nice plate of chicken parm from Bella Napoli.



You don't get much better than Bella Napoli as far as chicken parm is concerned (i haven't gotten around to my story on the best chicken parm in the city yet...i will soon though. promise!). You can either get a chicken parm hero or a plate matched with ziti or salad. I opted for the salad today since I can't afford to be sleeping on my keyboard this afternoon. The salad with nice and fresh, with big beefy tomatoes and fresh cucumbers, despite the fact that I splashed balsamic vinegar all over my desk. Definitely worth a visit for a nice lunch (and reasonable too - under $7 for the combo) or quiet dinner if you're over in the midtown area. They make some mean pizza too, as evidenced by the lines that are out the door on a daily basis.


If you donta go to the bella napoli i'm gonna send the vito afta your assa. Capice?

Btw...just looked up Capice (pronounced ka-pea-shh) in the Urban Dictionary:

Capice: "Asking for agreement, understanding, belief. Answered with itself. Often used in italian mafia-type settings to emphasize understanding."

Example:
Frank: "If you dont shutup, im going to bust your frickin head open with a baseball bat, capice?!"

Tony: "Capice"

Haha...awesome...gotta love the Urban Dictionary! Wonder if I can use Capice as a Scrabble word someday??? Hmm...I can imagine the conversation would go something like this:

Capice (on the board)

Opponent: Capice? That's not a word!

Me: Capice is a fuckin word you fuckin asshole. Now that's 27 points with the Triple Word Score. Put it in the fuckin books. Capice?! (brandishing my baseball bat, pocket knife and molotov cocktail).

Opponent: Ok...ok...it's a word.

No comments: